28 October 2023
1 minutes to read
This weeks has been all about ADR’s Funnily enough I saw this article appear on my feed 😅.
As the loader keeps retrieving data I’m looking into focusing on the analysis bit of with preset + motherduck for this weekend. Let’s see if I can get some progress going on.
For this week I’ve gotten rain for the whole week. This means I just got to run for the soccer game but as this becomes recurrent I need to either find the time to go swimming or find a backup training at home.
Readings of the week
I’ve gotten exactly back into 77 articles from a point of 113 articles. It has become clear that I just can’t read everything, at least in detail, but I’m thinking I’m getting better. At least this occasional pruning seems be necessary. A given articles that at first holds me just loses interest after a few days
- Things I’ve learned about building CLI tools in Python
- Measuring developer productivity? A response to McKinsey, Part 2 by Gergely Orosz, Kent Beck
- What McKinsey got wrong about developer productivity | LeadDev by Jennifer Riggins
- Run Spark SQL on Amazon Athena Spark | AWS Big Data Blog
- Base64 Encoding, Explained by Akshay Khot
- Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL Now Supports pgactive for Active-Active Replication by Renato Losio
- Measuring developer productivity? A response to McKinsey by Gergely Orosz, Kent Beck
- chDB - A Rocket Engine on a Bicycle by ClickHouse
Archiving articles with newsletter label
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.