Cooking | Readings
21 August 2023
1 minutes to read
I’ve taken this first week slowly. I’ve done a lot of cooking which has been fun. And I’ve been pretty happy as I’ve kept my life somewhat organized and been more keen to write some of my personal updates (not the ones here). For this week I’m thinking of doing a bit of experimentation with Deno to automate the deployment of multiple Cloudformation Stacks.
Readings of the week
- Taking Charge of Tables: Introducing OpenHouse for Big Data Management | LinkedIn Engineering
- The uses and abuses of Cloud Data Warehouses
- Introducing AWS Glue crawler and create table support for Apache Iceberg format | AWS Big Data Blog
- The Great Re-shard: adding Postgres capacity (again) with zero downtime
- MotherDuck: Beyond Storing Data: How to Use DuckDB, MotherDuck and Kestra for ETL
- Apache Airflow 2.7.0 is here | Apache Airflow
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.