Readings and quick side project | Readings
13 June 2023
1 minutes to read
I’ve gotten a lot of reading done, almost finished with the backlog of articles and “Stream Processing with Apache Flink” is next on the line. In the meantime, I’ve been asked to help on local festivities and created a small website to help manage orders from the phone. Nothing major but should be fun to have maybe 100 concurrent users using the website (you can check here but for now it’s only in portuguese). I’ve written it in nextJS and deployed to vercel to use their serverless functions.
Readings of the week
- How Postgres Triggers Can Simplify Your Backend Development | The Mythical Engineer
- Building a Flink Self-Serve Platform on Kubernetes at Scale | by Sylvia Lin | Apr, 2023 | tech-at-instacart
- How I do (and don’t) prepare a talk for a tech conference – Chelsea Troy
- Ensuring the Successful Launch of Ads on Netflix | by Netflix Technology Blog | Jun, 2023 | Netflix TechBlog
- How to Implement Write-Audit-Publish (WAP)
- Building dbt CI/CD at scale. At Checkout.com we heavily use Data… | by Damian Siemieniak | Checkout.com-techblog | Apr, 2023 | Medium
- What’s New in Apache Iceberg - YouTube
- 10 Lessons from Building an Experimentation Platform | by Sam Brilleman | SEEK blog | Apr, 2023 | Medium
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.