Lots of ideas, little time | Readings
12 April 2023
1 minutes to read
I’ve been having a lot of long-term ideas which I’ve yet to grasp if they are important enough to change my short term plans. For now, I’m focusing on improving my focus time to be able to do more in less time. I’ve been reading a lot of fiction as I’ve found an interest in audiobooks and went in the last 3 weeks over 3 fantasy books and 3 short stories. I’d say that’s a lot. So in terms of development, I’ve been lacking a bit. I hope to now be able to define when I’m going to focus on work and when I can do whatever I want and not feel bad about it. This might lead to some tweaking on the workflow page.
Readings of the week
- How the Grafana Alerting team scales their issue management with GitHub Projects | The GitHub Blog
- fst: flow state tool
- Deployments not Releases - Get Good at Delivering Software™️
- Can MTTR Be an Effective Business Metric?
- Analytics and Product-Market Fit. Does this product have product-market… | by Analytics at Meta | Medium
- AWS re:Invent 2022 - What’s new in Amazon Athena (ANT208) - YouTube
- Transactions Aren’t Everything - Wide Awake Developers
- Building data-driven organizations - 3 Parts
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.