Rambling on data | Readings
24 February 2023
1 minutes to read
I’ve tried to focus again on the data side. This means a bit more Python and looking, again, for how to integrate a data platform cheaply. And seamlessly. This will be for my talk and I think this will be super relevant. More than I thought and I need to make it work. Everything else might be secondary. With that said I’ve tried to do a bit more reading and I’m sure I’ll have it picked up for next reading update. Afterwards… A lot of tests and iterations on Python, AWS, dbt, and DuckDB.
Readings of the week
- Small-scale automation
- Duckdb at Fosdem 2023
- dbt is jQuery, not Terraform
- dbt at Snapcommerce Part 1: Orchestration
- SQL should be your default choice for data engineering pipelines
- <3 Deno
- SQLite the only database you will ever need in most cases
- PostgreSQL Unlogged Tables - Look Ma, No WAL!
- January 2023 (version 1.75)
- Containerd Adds Support for a New Container Type: Wasm Containers
- SQLite WASM: Something subtle in your browser
- Announcing DuckDB 0.7.0
- George Orwell’s Six Rules for Writing
- How much can you really get out of a 4$ VPS?
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.