TIL | 2023-01-25
25 January 2023
1 minutes to read
Today I learned
- Metabase can have a little issue on 0.45.1 converting a number from dynamodb (bigint when it should be a decimal)
- SQS FIFO works in batches. It doesn’t process the next batch while the current isn’t finished or redirected to a dead queue
- Messages are ordered by the message group ID (just like in kafka topics) (source )
- EventStorming seems to be a nice tool to gather all domains and understand the workflow through a timeline and detect potential bottlenecks
- PCI DSS = Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (currently on version 4 and required to process data from card networks)
- SAD = Sensitive authentication data
- PAN = Primary account number
- Uptime: is a measurement of system reliability and is typically expressed as a percentage of time the computer, server, or system has been working or ready for use
- Availability is the probability that a system will work as required when needed during a mission period
Things I’d like to learn
- Can the dataflow be automated using X-ray maps?
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.