Slow weeks happen now and then | Readings
13 November 2022
1 minutes to read
I’ve read quite a bit preparing the presentation. Although I’m still writing, rewriting, and doing the demo, I’ll start to look for meetups and conferences which might be interesting. Anxious to see how this goes.
Fun note: Used DALL-E to generate the image above and then used FFmpeg to go from a 2.3 MB image to 107Kb with minimal loss of quality 🤔.
Readings of the week
- why does zsh start so slowly?
- Database Review 2021 and 2022 Prediction
- Querying Postgres Tables Directly From DuckDB
- Modern Data Stack in a Box with DuckDB
- Data Engineering in 2022: ELT tools
- Range Joins in DuckDB
- Lightweight Compression in DuckDB
- It would be career limiting…
- Reduce cost and improve query performance with Amazon Athena Query Result Reuse
- Ironies of automation
- Kubernetes 1.24 Released with Network Policy Status, Contextual Logging, and Subresource Support
- Remote development with Rust on fly.io
- Programmers Should Plan For Lower Pay
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.