Layoffs and focusing efforts on talk | Readings
07 November 2022
1 minutes to read
This week has been weird. A lot of layoffs in the tech sector… Funnily, the theme for the talk I was preparing might be becoming more and more relevant so I’m focusing my efforts on it.
As a bonus I was able to fly on a small aircraft this week 🙂 🛩️
Readings of the week
- The Perfect Commit
- “The Evolution of a Planetary-scale Distributed Database” by Kevin Scaldeferri (Strange Loop 2022)
- Python 3.11.0 final is now available
- The dbt Semantic Layer, Data Orchestration and the Modern Enterprise Data Stack
- Netflix Machine Learning Fraud Detection Framework for Streaming Services
- CloudFront vs Cloudflare, and how to reduce response times for both by ~35%+
- The Evolution of The Data Engineer: A Look at The Past, Present & Future
- Wait vs Interrupt Culture
- “Stop Writing Dead Programs” by Jack Rusher (Strange Loop 2022)
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.