March 13, 2022
This has been a productive week, I’ve read a lot of articles and hope to start reading the book Database Internals
- What’s new in Iceberg 0.13 - Iceberg 0.13 has been release and it brings really good SQL commands like write ordered and soft deletes to Spark
- Braintree postgresql safe operations - A guide on how braintree run SQL operations causing the minimal impact possible
- Scala Free in One Fifteen - An article on how flink will be able to run with any scala version we want (yes, even with scala 3 😍)
- Stop Treating Your Data Engineer Like a Data Catalog - A nice idea on building data certifications (quality over quantity)
- Python built-in functions to know - A very complete guide on the most important python built-ins. In case I return to using python more often I’m planning on reviewing this list again
- Why Flutter is the most popular cross-platform mobile SDK - A bit different from what I usually read, but in case I need to develop a mobile app this seems like a viable option
- Practical Guide to Solving Hard Problems - A quick and to the point guide on how to handle problems
- Notes apps are where ideas go to die. And that’s good - Very good point that I’ve come to realize. We write multiple notes so that we don’t have to hold everything in our head.
Stay safe and Have a nice week :-)
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.