May 09, 2021
I’ve been trying to read some books so I’ve taken a bit of a break reading article. But in the meantime I’ve found a good share related to system’s architecture and I’m taking a bit of time to focus on implementing a system with trino + dbt + iceberg.
- Analysis on the sources of plastic on the ocean: https://ourworldindata.org/ocean-plastics
- Benchmark between trin, prestodb and redshift (with spectrum): https://medium.com/explorium-ai/benchmarking-sql-engines-for-data-serving-prestodb-trino-and-redshift-1c5f16d6e5da
- Macro trends of software according to thought works: https://www.thoughtworks.com/insights/blog/macro-trends-technology-industry-april-2021
- A nice rationale on the best way to learn how systems work: https://product.hubspot.com/blog/how-to-learn-complex-things-quickly
- Stack overflow opinion on the role of nosql today vs newsql and sql: https://stackoverflow.blog/2021/01/14/have-the-tables-turned-on-nosql/
- One of 5 series article on how they built their data warehouse: https://blog.picnic.nl/how-we-built-our-lakeless-data-warehouse-38178f6cee12
- A nice take on how to layer a data warehouse modeling with DBT: https://mitchellsilv-79772.medium.com/layering-your-data-warehouse-f3da41a337e5
- Explains data quality by dividing into 5 categories: https://towardsdatascience.com/a-comprehensive-framework-for-data-quality-management-b110a0465e83
Have a nice week and stay safe :-)
I'm José Cabeda, a data engineer focused on improving data systems and educating on how to use them. I also do a lot of planning and read as much as I can.